Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Donde Esta Frijoles?

So Gina, where is the beautiful bean footage of the trim? Well, as luck would have it, my finances took a turn for the more immediate opportunity. As my fellow San Marcosians well grumbly remember, we had the "STORM OF THE CENTURY" and my house, as well as my car experienced heavy losses! MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN! Oh, sorry....still suffering flashbacks...
Well, do to my Dad's extreamly effective networking skills, we aquired a great roofer (enter name here) that offered to install a skylight for free due to the many jobs he aquired thanks to Dad! Wo-Hoo!! The catch? He will only install from the roof, we would have to finish the inside, because he is not insured for the interior of homes. Sounds like a deal to me! Yet again Dad dons his trusty cape and away he goes with his trusty drill! Now my Dad has a LITTLE problem with directions,....he doesn't believe in them, and then gets all worked up when the product fails...hmmmm, hand me the directions Dad. As I assume my normal duties of handing over tools, dad proceeds to make the inital cut into the sheetrock, that was intense! I still have insulation particles in my hair! Poor Dad even had to manuver in the attic late in the afternoon in the summer! I KNOW at least 2 of you that are having your own horrible flashbacks right about now! Everything goes great, but why are there 3 large extra parts left over? Upon further inquisition, it turns out the roofer has NEVER INSTALLED A SKYLIGHT BEFORE!! And worse, just like Dad, DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE DIRECTIONS!! So here comes the rain. Dad and I take small comfort that the skylight is above the tub, so at least the leaks will go down the drain! Well, looks like bubbalicious and calking go a looooong way, no leaks!! Now my tiny dark bathroom is bathed in natural light all day long, YAY! Thanks Dad! Enjoy the beans!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

YO! Gina! Love the pics! keep up the good work. My fave pic is of your dad looking down the hole! LOL @ that pic. Don't forget to visit my craft blog http://sewcialbutterfly.blogspot.com (LOL i repost most of em to my myspace blog for the lazies. So don't blame you if you catch the big posts there) Miss ya girl!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home