Tuesday, September 05, 2006

TO THE PORCH!!

So skylight is in, and the porch calls my name again! Although, by THIS time, full of confidence at my previous endeavors, I begin to finish the design of the back porch, and decide if I am going to do this, let's go all out! I plan on a Savannah Garden style, with country reclaimed elements, and charming whimsical touches! So the plan is to cover the slab with Chicago reclaimed style tumbled brick, to add a water feature, and window boxes to the windows for a more outdoor/indoor feel.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I want to replace the swing for an antiqued French daybed, complete with peeling paint and rusted joinery! I would enclose my mattress with the "don't pee on me kid" cover to protect against rain, and would have linens and pillows all topped with a mosquito netting to add to the romatic feel. The screen framing would have a 6" footer for me to house my herb garden, and outdoor canvas in a green botanical toil will have matching ribbon ties for insulation for the plants in the winter, and privacy. I would put 2 area rugs to define the dining and lounging spaces, and would train ivy on the house wall to further capitalize on the outdoor feel. Topiaries, a coffee table, 2 chairs and a side table for coffee and books by the bed would complete this transformation. The best part? My great grandmothers stove will be my side table, and my Grandma Chavella has graciously brought it down for me to care for! Thanks Grandma! As you all know, I work the night shift at work, and have PLENTY of time to sketch, although have not successfully smuggled the all important T-square to my cube, so my renderings are ghetto at best, but hey, you get the idea. Kind looks like a children illustration, I know, but just look at the details!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home