Thursday, September 14, 2006

You Can What?....

Why is it, when a friend just HAPPENS to mention a skill, or experience of a craft, JUST in passing, your ears perk up, and you file it away in the vast cubbyholes of your brain? As always, you know I say this for a reason....
My good friend Lia "Requesting Stock In My House" Guerra, now knows not to mention these things in front of me!
There we were at good ol' Rojo's with my new friend Aunt "She Even Bought Me A Taco!" Irene, and I loaded the pistol of subtle request.
"So." (smiling as I lean back in our booth)
"Hm?" (Lia with a mouthful of potes)
"You...uh....know how to wallpaper, eh?"
"Maaaaaaaybe" (Lia slowly drinks her coffee in anticipation of the inevitable request to come.)
"That's a fine skill to have....FINE skill."
We all nod in agreement and sit in silence.
"You know,...."
Aunt Irene accepts a coffee refill for the showdown!
"I sure could use that skill for the kitchen, shame I don't know how to wallpaper though."
"Yup, shame."
Lia sips her coffee enjoying me squirm!
Aunt Irene shews off our waiter Chewy for his own safety!
I pause at a loss, have I asked too much already, when will she break? I'm going for it!
"Yea, what say you and I....uh...um....maybe if your not busy...uh..."
-"Yes Gina, I would be glad to."

What do I love about Lia? Many things, but the best? She is JUST as excited about my project as I am!

"SWEET! Chewy, another round for my friends!!"

Aunt Irene continues to rave about the salsa, and all is right in the world!

1 Comments:

Blogger THE MODERN DAD said...

please post a pic of chewy. thanks

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home