Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Guest Room!

With the season 1 wrap party days away I took another look at my back bedroom. I am expecting company for the holidays and well, that back bedroom is like my brother's entire collection of barchelor apartments....fake! A move set! Looks great, just don't sit on anything! I have no sheets under my quilt, and it looks great during the day, but at night, I have no light! I only had a cheap black lamp that emits poor light! I took off the ceiling fan and have not found one I really like, so there is no overhead lighting. I have a cheap sheer thrusted in a gaping hole in the wall to serve as a window treatment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All I really wanted was the sheets! Just a top and bottom sheet, OH and a bedskirt. That way, the room is ready for guests! So off to wally world I go! I chose crisp white sheets, and a whimsical white bedskirt with a small floral pattern.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Upon returning to the cottage I think,
"You know, it sure would be nice to have 2 pillowcases that matched the sheets!"
Now mind you, these are plain white sheets, but they add a clean crispness to the room.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tearing down the aisles at walmart to get the pillowcases, I "accidentally" stumbled on the window treatment aisle, and found these adorable cafe curtains!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They have a small red floral print, and are perfect because I wanted something that was more scale appropriate for the room, and would add character and let lots of sunshine through. I love the fact that part of the window is always exposed, but the bottom is tall enough for privacy. And what luck, right behind me was a cafe curtain rod with "crystal" ends!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Precious! The "crystal" is like the glass in my antique doors! But what would all this be without a light to see them with? Hmmmmm,..... Hey there are the lamps! And look at this one with the antiqued finish and mirrored sides to reflect even more light!
"You're coming with me!" (snatch!)
I already had the perfect lampshade at home with little beads to add character and brilliance!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On my way out I saw a small trashcan that had the same diamond leaded glass pattern as the doors! Yup, didn't even break my stride as that puppy landed in my bracket!
Poised with my electric drill and new hardware in hand I thought,
"I am doing so much so fast, maybe I should -WHIRRRRRRL grind grind!"
"Awwwww, so much for that!"
ADORABLE!! So adorable in fact, I just stood in the doorway of my newly lit guest room LOVING it, and realized I could use a bit more fluff on the bed!

Assuming my previous position of barreling down wallmart aisles at 3:00 in the morning, I found the cutest throw pillows with the right color, pattern, price, and as tired as I was, felt good to lye on in the middle of the floor. I'll take 2!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I plopped those babies on the bed, PERFECT!

You know that glass is so barren, I really need to put something there, but what? Dried flowers are un-fung shui, and I don't want to remove the glass, OMG! What about script? What about G.U.E.S.T., it's symmetrical! Maybe I could paint them red, and trim them up with a white border! I could use my puffy double sided sticky tape to attatch to the glass, and that would bring up color to the stark glass and balance the room much better! God i'm good!
No, I did not go back to walmart, but I went the next day, and voila!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hung up my his and hers towel racks and my room started coming together!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More beans?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home